What better way to spend your time in Madison than shopping? With hundreds of fabulous stores and boutiques, Madison is sure to help you "shop until you drop!"
Start off your experience in the heart of Madison at retailers that stand out in the shopping category:
- Madison Sole—Featuring footwear designed with comfort and style in mind.
When food and gifts are on your list, don't miss these destinations that include locally owned, universally loved shops:
- Basketree Gifts—Floral and custom-made gift baskets with food from Wisconsin.
- Bavaria Sausage—Authentic, old world German sausages made in Madison for more than 50 years.
- Candinas Chocolatier—Fine chocolates created by Swiss-trained confectioner Markus Candinas and made in Verona, Wisconsin.
- Chocolaterian Cafe—An unforgettable dessert and chocolate experience; home of Christine's Toffee & Caramels.
- Ehlenbach's Cheese Chalet—A Swiss chalet in DeForest that features more than 100 different Wisconsin cheeses plus sausages and other gourmet foods to give as gifts.
- Fromagination—A specialty cheese shop celebrating Wisconsin artisanal cheesemakers and imaginative pairings with artisan breads, fine wines and charcuterie.
- Kilwins—"Sweet in every sense since 1947" now located on State Street.
- Red Elephant Chocolate Cafe—handcrafted chocolates and distinctive desserts, ice cream, beverages and gifts.
Or, try these stores that offer unique gifts that go from antiques to art and everything in between:
- Odana Antiques—Madison's largest antique center featuring styles from Art Deco to Mid-Century to Victorian and every era in-between.
- Orange Tree Imports—An incredible combination of culinary delights, specialty food and gifts located in Madison's Monroe Street neighborhood for more than 35 years.
- Vault Interiors & Design—Unique finds for your next interior design project. Shop the store or work with an expert!
- Willow Creek—An amazing display of gifts and home decor for every season.
If concentrated areas of shopping is more what you're looking for, Madison has many marvelous malls with a variety of stores:
- Greenway Station—An "outdoor mall" with more than 35 retailers that collectively create a shopping and dining experience.
- Hilldale Shopping Center—Recently expanded to include many new stores, such as Lush, Sur La Table, and Lucky Brand.
- East Towne Mall—Located less than a mile from I-90/94 and contains four major department stores, more than 100 specialty shops, and 15 restaurants and eateries.
- West Towne Mall—More than one hundred different stores to choose from, including many restaurants.
- Just a short drive away, you'll find Johnson Creek Premium Outlets—60 brand-name outlet stores, from Coach to Columbia Sportswear Company.