Don't-Miss Madison Experiences
Our destination offers myriad opportunities to enjoy all of Madison's natural treasures. A few ideas you can explore on your own include:
• Experience the beauty and grandeur of the Wisconsin State Capitol building and grounds, which are open to the public.
• Walk the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, which includes scenic Lake Mendota, Observatory Drive, Bascom Hill and the renowned Memorial Union Terrace.
• Bring home fresh flowers, fruits, vegetables and more from the Dane County Farmers' Market, located on the Capitol Square every Saturday morning, April-November.
• Get on the lakes by renting a canoe, kayak or sailboat, or by reservation at one of Greater Madison's many waterfront dining venues.
• Stroll through Olbrich Botanical Gardens, featuring the tropical Bolz Conservatory and 16 acres of outdoor display gardens, featuring the elaborate Thai Pavilion.
Itinerary Ideas & Tours
If a more formal tour is what you're seeking, select one of the itinerary ideas below to plan your time in town!
• Breweries, Wineries & Spirits: Curate a tour that takes advantage of our local craft culture
• Dairy Discovery: Discover why Wisconsin is known for dairy as you taste-test your way through town
• Discover Mr. Wright: Tour architectural treasures designed by Madison-area native Frank LLoyd Wright
• Madison Museums: Don't miss the museums that dot the stretch between the Capitol Square and State Street
• Outdoor Adventure: Discover more than 200 miles of biking and hiking trails, or get out on one of our five local lakes
• Wisconsin Culinary Experience: Savor our destination via an eclectic array of eateries!